What license and permits do I need to have for the food truck festival?

We follow the City of Minot, Minot Park District, Fire Department, and First District Health Unit license and permitting requirements.

If you are new to what is required here is a list of what is needed and their points of contact.

  • First District Health Unit License
  • Proof of Insurance
  • Minot Park District Permit
  • Copy of Sales Tax License
  • Copy of mobile food license from North Dakota Department of Health Division of Food and Lodging. Mobile food licenses from other jurisdictions are not allowed. The Division of Food and Lodging licenses all mobile food vendors in our jurisdiction and therefore each vendor would need to be licensed with them in order to operate in Minot.


By filling out this application, you are agreeing to have the appropriate First District Health Department Permits. All food vendors must obtain the required permits from the First District Health Unit prior to the event. All permits will need to be shown the day of the event.

It is the vendor’s responsibility to acquire all needed City, County, Minot Park District, and State permits. It is also up to the vendor to make sure that all First District Health Unit applications and payments are submitted to the First District Health Unit and must be received 14 days prior to the event, avoiding any late fees. For more information please contact Jake Windsor (701)-721-1709.

Any vendor who is found out of compliance with these permits/regulations on the day of the event will not be allowed to participate in the food truck festival and will forfeit all fees paid to ND Strong. A copy of the temporary food permit will be required prior to your on-site arrival. CITY OF MINOT FIRE DEPARTMENT: It is the responsibility of the food truck or vendor to be in compliance with city fire codes. Oak Park is a smoke free zone. Please refrain from smoking on the property of the Park District. Minot’s local fire department is: Minot Fire Department Station, 2111 10th Street SW Minot, ND 58702.

INSURANCE: All vendors’ must provide ND Strong and the Minot Park District with a Certificate of Insurance, naming ND Strong as additionally insured. It must be placed on the food truck where it can be seen by the general public. General Liability Certificate of Insurance must be insured in the minimum amount of $2,000,000 aggregate and $1,000,000 per occurrence, and should have the following address listed on it: ND Strong | PO BOX 1614 | Minot, ND 58702